Saturday, April 10, 2010

Have a Little Faith

Today I went to my friend's daughter's baptism at a local LDS church, it was a wonderful service, and Rachel was beautiful, and her mom and dad were very touching. Now I have never been to an LDS baptism, but it was interesting because I have been to many baptisms and although they are all different in how they accomplish it, the idea behind it is the same--A little faith and love will help you get you through life. It's one of those themes that if you look for it in music, you can find it. If you look for it in religion, it's there. If you look for it in your relationships, it's there. Faith and love are not my only live-by life philosophies but they make up a decent chunk of it.

In our life together, Gib and I hold on to this with every fiber of our being. We love each other dearly and I have faith that no matter how many times he needs to leave or how long he is gone for, that he will always come home. For him, his faith lies in the fact that no matter where he goes or how often or how long it takes, that he will have me to come home to, always. We hear it all the time "I don't know how you guys do it," and really...we just do, that's it. I need my doctorate, it is way more than a want, and he always knew he was military bound, so in our minds' there is no alternative. The only way we get through life is faith in each other, our love for each other, lots and lots of hard work, and continuing on with a "normal" life by going to work, or to school, or to dinner with friends, or to baptisms.

With that I will leave you with a pic of the group of family and friend's at Rachel's baptism.

No comments:

Post a Comment